Tel: (818) 347-9665 PST

TheMuseumSFV@gmail.com

www.TheMuseumSFV.org




Sunday, April 20, 2008

PASSOVER IN THE SAN FERNANDO VALLEY

Mosaic Symbol of the Hebrew Tribe of Dan - Eden Cemetery - 2008 - Photo for the Archives of The Museum of the San Fernando Valley by Gerald Fecht

Mosaic Symbol of the Hebrew Tribe of Judah - Eden Cemetery - 2008 - Photo for the Archives of The Museum of the San Fernando Valley by Gerald Fecht

Mosaic Symbol of the Hebrew Tribe of Levi - Eden Cemetery - 2008 - Photo for the Archives of The Museum of the San Fernando Valley by Gerald Fecht

These precious mosaics in Eden Cemetery in Mission Hills are in bad need of repair. Tile fragments are missing in many of the panels representing the twelve tribes of ancient Israel. I wanted to have these images on the blog yesterday, but my wife Janne and I worked as crew for the AIDS Life Cycle's "Day on the Ride" and encountered a three lane car crash on the 405, and didn't get home until late.
Access to the art and architecture of the San Fernando Valley's Jewish community is necessarily restricted for security reasons. Your Museum will make a special effort this coming year to bring you via this blog, some of the art not readily accessible.
Happy Passover to our friends in the Jewish Community. And, remember, The Museum of the San Fernando Valley belongs to you!

1 comment:

Vickey Kall said...

Wonderful pictures!
My blog features a mosaic every Monday. I'd love to do a post on these mosaics, but I live far south in San Pedro. Yours are the only photos I've found on the web. May I use them in my blog, with a link back to your blog?
Also--do you know if any repair or maintenance has been done on the mosaics?
Thanks--
Vickey, historylosangeles.blogspot.com