Tel: (818) 347-9665 PST

TheMuseumSFV@gmail.com

www.TheMuseumSFV.org




Monday, June 14, 2010

AIDS LIFECYCLE 9

2010 The Year of Valley Adventures
Detail from a first responders painting at the entrance of the West Valley Police Station. Photo by Gerald Fecht for The Museum of the San Fernando Valley (click on image to enlarge)

I should apologize to you all for not letting you know that I would be out of town for the week, but despite having a "house sitter", I thought it wise not to announce being gone.
My wife Janne, son Brendan and I spent the week working as "roadies" for the AIDS Lifecycle Ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles. While we have done it before, and my son Brendan has been both a rider and a roadie, it never fails to move me profoundly.

What an endlessly beautiful state California is, and how splendid people can be to and for one another.

No comments: