Tel: (818) 347-9665 PST

TheMuseumSFV@gmail.com

www.TheMuseumSFV.org




Wednesday, November 14, 2012

THE LOSS OF SHAHIN ATIGHE



THE LOSS OF SHAHIN ATIGHE
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY ARTIST SCULPTOR

“On behalf of the Museum of the San Fernando Valley, our deepest sympathy goes out to Shahin's family and love ones.
Shahin was an active participant in every meeting of the Public Art Initiative and the art selection committee.  Her devotion to the Arts was unsurpassed.  Her talent was extraordinary and her character was gentle and sensitive.  She has left a huge hole in the Arts community, one that will not be easy to fill.  However we all must rededicate ourselves, in Shahin's name, and continue to fight for Shahin's art, our art and culture to be accepted and flourish in our community.
Let her inspiration take hold within us all as we move forward with her spirit by our side.
I know that it is hard for all of us to understand why these things happen.  I wish that I had taken more time to know her and to check out her art.  It makes me want to not forget to do those things, those little things, that sometimes makes a huge difference to each of us.  I hope we all can try to do those small but significant things that will continue to make a difference in our fellow human beings lives.  I know that I will try.
Good bye Shahin, you will be missed.”
Scott Sterling

No comments: