Tel: (818) 347-9665 PST

TheMuseumSFV@gmail.com

www.TheMuseumSFV.org




Wednesday, October 2, 2013

SAN FERNANDO VALLEY STATE COLLEGE


CHERISHING OUR VALLEY                      2013

Well, guess what! I am one of those people who remembers when CSUN was San Fernando Valley State College, in fact I attended there as a junior transfer. I hated the place. Compared to LA Valley College, that was warm and caring, SFVSC was for me cold and indifferent. Later, after I earned my Masters degree, I took three graduate history classes at CSUN, and they were terrific! Later I would do much of my doctorate research of the literature at the Oviatt Library, easily one of the great and most accessible libraries in Southern California. 
Here's a vintage postcard gift to The Museum from Gary Fredburg. Someone told me that the building in this image was destroyed by the great Northridge earthquake?


Caption reads: "One of the beautiful new modern buildings on the campus of San Fernando Valley State College in Northridge, California."

The history of San Fernando Valley education, at all levels, is a primary interest of your Museum. If you have education-related memorabilia to share for today's and tomorrow's generations, please contact your Museum today.

Donate tax-deductible memorabilia to your Museum today.
The Museum of the San Fernando Valley
Acquisitions Committee
21031 Ventura Blvd., Suite 419
Woodland Hills, CA 91364-2230

THE MUSEUM’S TELEPHONE
1 (818) 347-9665

THE MUSEUM'S EMAILS
gerald.fecht@TheMuseumSFV.org
info@TheMuseumSFV.org
THE MUSEUM’S BLOG
THE MUSEUM’S WEBSITE
www.TheMuseumSFV.org

No comments: